Sunday, April 10, 2011

Qatar!

So... 3 years ago, I (Steven) got to go to Qatar with an awesome team from Sandals to visit some friends who were living there. So, rather than having a brutal layover in Dubai (13 hours through the night), we swapped flights to Qatar! This was only made possible by some new friends, the Costins (you rock!), who put us up! Now, Bekah got to see Qatar... in it's much improved state from when last I visited!

Here are some sights from around town...


Yup, we're not in Kansas anymore...


And believe it or not, we're not in Venice either... this is just a mall here in Qatar.



The Mosque at the new Cultural Center in Doha.


The Spiral Mosque. I took a photo very similar to this last time I was here... with Kris V's help of coure. :O)


I don't know the name of this new Mosque, but it is MASSIVE!


I never thought I'd see this... but it RAINED in Qatar! Crazy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment