Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!



Steven looked up online that there was a Masai Market on Tuesdays so, after checking in to our hotel, we went. We were greeted with handshakes and quickly had 5 tour guides to take us through the market. Their catch phrase of the day was "hakuna matata" for sure! :O)

Pictures were free, so we snapped this one with a few of our entourage.



We put many items in our "maybe" bag until we dwindled it down to the final picks and then bartered from the original quote of over $400 (pi-shaw!) down to a drastically lower price that was somewhat reasonable... we think. :O)

To speed up the bargaining process, I (Bekah) pretended to be sick. Riverside Children's Theater pays off!

Here is the crown jewel of the collection of items we purchased.


It's an animal party! :O)


2 comments:

  1. I admire your bravery! The thought of going through there with so many guides and then bartering . . just makes me want to run. (I'm thinking Dave might feel the same way.) :) I love what you got - Bekah you'll have to show me a little of your acting chops next time we're together.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun. I love your selection of the animal party and the greeting of hakuna matata is so cool. I am impressed that Rebekah acted sick to get prices down. I am such a sucker and would have paid full price. Graham loves to barter but I feel sorry for the people so Graham has to send me away. You two make an awesome team. Your holiday adventures really are what memories are made of. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete